Friday, April 15, 2011

First time at this

Hello out there! This is my first blog. I wanted a space devoted to my love of beer, and sometimes my husband. You see, every Saturday night for the last 3 months, we have had "date night" on the couch, with a dollar movie and at least two "new" beers. We pick out new beers every week by reading reviews written by others, seeing what's new at the store or in last week's case, what was the prettiest bottle.
This weekly date night has become something that we look forward to so much each week and something that our friends and co-workers have started asking about that I thought the time was right to create a forum to showcase our beer-love.
What you WON'T see here:
#1 Brewery Bashing. I hate reading reviews that bash a breweries entire lineup of product. They must be in business somehow, every beer cannot be THAT bad. I promise that I will not be nasty about other people's love of beer.
#2 Shameless Self Promotion. I am not a narcissist. I try very hard to keep my ego in check. This blog is about my love affair with that wonderful substance we call beer, not about what my dog did or what my daughter is doing and it certainly isn't about my life on a daily basis.
#3 Snooty reviews I promise I won't be talking about palates and things that wine connosieurs go on about. I am not pretending to know everything about beer, and I certainly hope that no one expects me to be.

Well that is enough for now. I hope you enjoy, and never stop trying new things, even if it is JUST a new beer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Roll