Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cooking with Beer-Beef Brisket

Well, if you have been reading this blog for any amount of time, you may have noticed that one of the things that I love to do is cook, especially cook with beer. I have a difficult time finding good recipes that incorporate beer, so when I find one, or come up with one (like today) I have to share it.

So here is the recipe for the Beer beef brisket that I made this past Sunday (it was REALLY good). I do have to give credit, where credit is due, we bought the brisket form the Woodstock Farmers Market, from Willow Lea Stock Farms, and I am sure that has something to do withe the awesomeness of this meal. The farmers market has quickly become my family's favorite Saturday morning activity.


Ingredients       2 tablespoons chili powder
·         2 tablespoons salt
·         1 tablespoon garlic powder ( I was out so used 2 cloves fresh garlic)
·         1 tablespoon onion powder
·         1 tablespoon ground black pepper
·         1 tablespoon basil
·         4 good shakes of liquid smoke
·         ¼ cup sugar
·         2 teaspoons dry mustard
·         2 bay leaf, crushed
·         4 pounds beef brisket, trimmed
·         2 Beef bouillon cubes, crushed
·         1 Bottle Red Ale (I used Fixed Gear from Lakefron Brewery)
Directions
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
Make a dry rub by combining chili powder, salt, garlic and onion powders, black pepper, sugar, dry mustard, basil, crushed bouillon cubes, and bay leaf. Season the raw brisket on both sides with the rub, and liquid smoke. Add beer to the roasting pan. Place in a roasting pan and roast, covered, for 3 hours.
Raise oven to 400 degrees F, uncover pan and continue cooking for 1 hour, or until fork-tender.
Trim the fat and slice meat thinly across the grain. Top with juice from the pan.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Roll