Tuesday, March 13, 2012

More Beer Firsts

Yesterday, Matt graciously sent me his answer to one of my endless questions about beer. Well, I have a lot of questions about beer. Here are the ones that I put out to my friends, family, Facebook, and Twitter this morning:


Why do you drink beer?
Why do you like beer? 
What was your first experience with a craft beer?
 What kinds of beers do you like?
 What do you want from your beer?
What does the term "craft beer" mean to you?

I received many interesting answers to my questions, and all of them were unique. This made me see that no matter what beer you drink, or why you drink the beer you drink, we need to celebrate beer. I am going to share some of these answers with you tonight, and more tomorrow, but first I need to ask another question...

Really? The Muppets?
Why is the highest traffic driver for this blog a search for "Muppet Birthday Party"? Why am I not aware of these awesome Muppet birthday parties?? Can anyone really think of a better traffic source? I can't complain, I think it is fantastic!!

Here are some of the answers that I received today. 



Why do you drink beer?
Sometimes I just need the cool refreshing taste of a nice cold beer.

A cold frosty brewski just quenches my thirst like nothing else.
 

Why do you like beer?
Beer is like a comfort food. Familiar, tasty and relaxing.

 I love beer because as a child we had beer and popcorn night every Friday.  The whole family including us kids would have a glass of beer and popcorn.  This was long before it was called child abuse

What was your first experience with a craft beer?
In January 2000 my friend Brian and I visited a bar on the pier in Redondo Beach, CA that had 70 different beers on tap including imports and local brews. We spent the day sampling new and interesting brews in the California sunshine with some steamed crabs, live music and a very interesting crowd.

My first craft beer was given to me by my brother in law, David Bunce.  He has been brewing his own beer for about 40 years 

What kinds of beers do you like?
My favorite beers are the yummy beers that Hoppy Beer Girl brings to me as gifts! OMG! Ommegang!


What do you want from your beer?
I want my beer to wake up my senses and make my brain have happy thoughts. Or is it hoppy thoughts?

A Buzz....lol  no really, I used to like a lighter beer, but my husband and my step daughter, the Hoppy Beer Girl, have introduced me to some wonder full bodied beers. That is what I like now

What does the term "craft beer" mean to you?

Craft beer is any beer that has been created with care and attention to detail that was brewed with pride.

The term "craft beer" means a type of beer that is home brewed.  I am not sure if that is what it really means, but that is my definition of it

So there you have it. Two people's answers to my questions. I will have more tomorrow. If you want to share with me your answers to my questions, leave a comment or send me an email at sarah@hoppybeergirl.com

PS Thanks to everyone who has sent me their answers, if you don't see yours today, come back tomorrow

PPS I have a theme in mind for Blake's upcoming 30th birthday party... can you guess what it is??

Oh yeah! Muppet Treasure Island!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Roll