Friday, March 30, 2012

Beer Braised Beef- New Beer Recipe!

I have been trying to find more recipes to try out that involve beer. I found one very similar to this, but I modified it a little bit. So, without further ado, here is my newest beer recipe creation:

Beer Braised Beef with mashed potatoes (Crockpot recipe)
What you’ll need:
Small Bottom Round Roast
5 Russet Potatoes (medium to large sized) Peeled and quartered
2 Large Carrots-Chopped
1 large clove of garlic- Chopped
Two stalks celery-Chopped
Dried Porcini Mushrooms -Chopped
2 Bottles good stout or dark lager
¼ cup dark brown sugar
1 cube beef bouillon
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
Salt and pepper

Season the roast with salt and pepper, then put all ingredients into the crock pot. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
When the food is done in the crock pot, remove the potatoes, saving one for the sauce, and add butter, and salt and go ahead and mash those potatoes… mash them good. They will be a little brown from the stout, but tasty!
Take the onion and two cups of the liquid and put into blender or food processor with the potato you saved from the mash. Make sure you fish out the mushrooms for this!! Blend until the consistency is gravy like, you may need to add a little flour to thicken. I added salt and pepper to the gravy but you may want to taste it first.
Slice the roast (if it doesn’t fall apart on you) then drizzle some of the sauce over the meat. Serve with the mashed potatoes and carrots (you will have to fish them out of the crock pot) and more sauce if you want.

I hope that you enjoy it! I know that I did. I used Leinie's Creamy Dark Lager  and I think it was fantastic.

PS, I am super excited about the Chicago Beer Festival tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Roll