Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome 2012!!

I sincerely hope that everyone enjoyed a wonderful holiday and New Year. I know that I was fortunate to have the presence of my family and friends for Christmas, well until I got sick... That's right, I have had a sore throat/laryngitis for about two weeks now. No fun. That means not only do I sound like I should switch my profession to one that requires a 900 number and changing my name from Sarah to something like Bunny (no offense if your name is Bunny and you are not an erotic phone operator), but it also means that I haven't been able to taste anything for days... so I don't have a beer report for you. I really wanted to have something better for you than, I am sick and haven't had any beer.

What I can offer you today is some interesting facts about 2012. I thought about coming up with some lame New Years resolutions that wouldn't last a week, and I considered making a "Best of 2011" list... but that is pretty cliche.

The year 2012 is a leap year and started on a Sunday according to the Gregorian Calendar.

2012 is the year the Mayan calendar ends, and according to many the beginning of the end of the world. If you want to see more predictions and beliefs about 2012, this is a good article, then of course there is the feature film about 2012... I thought that the History Channel actually had some of the most interesting information on the prophecies surrounding 2012.




2012 is the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth of England's ascension to the throne. That is a long time to have any job, much less the job of queen! Also in London, the summer Olympics this year.









In August of 2012, NASA is estimating the new Mars Rover, Curiosity, will land on Mars, there is also good information here. The new rover was launched in November 2011.




The things that I am looking forward to the most in 2012 are all of the new beer events, and the new beers that will happen over the next 12 months. Is there anything that you are looking forward to, or any Mesoamerican prophecy you want to share? Feel free to email me at sarah@hoppybeergirl.com. 


CHEERS to 2012!!!


I am hoping that I will be better this weekend... we shall see. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow about the whole sore throat forever situation, wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Roll