Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cocoa Mole and Pandora's Bock

I have to begin by saying that I had a fantastic Mother's day this past weekend. I got to go to the farmers market and buy locally grown goodies. My husband and daughter got me everything I asked for (and more). The weather was wonderful, so I got to get some gardening in. What more could anyone ask for?
Of the things that my husband got me for Mother's Day, was beer (of course). One of those beers was Cocoa Mole from the Lips of Faith collection by New Belgium. An Ale brewed with cocoa and spices, is what it promised on the front. Once you read a little bit more, you see that the "spices" are cinnamon and several types of chili peppers. This was a powerful beer, and since it was a chocolate beer, it was all mine. The first taste was like butter. Smooth and delicious, Cocoa Mole was so good... then it started... the chili kicked in. My face was starting to go numb (it is after all a 9% Alcohol per volume brew), and my mouth started to tingle. It wasn't a burn your mouth type of spicy. The chili flavor was there, the heat wasn't, but somehow my mouth was all tingly. This was a fun beer to drink, and a delicious beer as well, but I had trouble finishing one glass because of all the things going on with it. I recommend that you find it and try it, but try it with a friend.

The other beer I had was Pandora's Bock brewed by Breckenridge Brewery . This was a purchase on a whim. We didn't need more beer, but it looked interesting. I am so glad that I bought it! This was so tasty, the yeast, malt, and hops were perfectly balanced. This was the perfect beer for a Saturday night on the couch with a movie (I watched The Immortals while drinking it), or whenever. This is what my ideal session beer is like, clean, even, delicious. I could go on, but I won't. Find this beer and have one, and if you bought a six pack, have one and send me the other five.

Pandora's Bock




You should be aware that it is American Craft Beer week. I wish I could say that I was doing something clever and beer related this weekend, but I am going to clean my office out... and hopefully create a work space so that I can blog more comfortably. I suppose that is a little beer related. Maybe I will have some beer while I clean... that may lead to my napping on the guest bed in the office though. 

What are you doing to celebrate American Craft Beer week? If you are looking for ideas, check out the events page for American Craft Beer Week here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Roll