Monday, July 9, 2012

Russian Imperial Ale and Headless Man Alt


I had a really nice treat this past weekend. I got to hang out with my friend Amy (yes, the one from previous posts, sorry guys, she is taken) while drinking some beers. It wasn’t something that we had planned, but none-the-less, it was a nice treat.

I made her watch From Russia with Love with me, while I drank an Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout. I don’t need to go over how much I love James Bond films; I think we already know that I love 007.  What I can also say is that I now love North Coast Brewing’s Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout. I have had several beers from North Coast brewing, and each time I think that this one is the best beer I have had from them. Time and time again their versatility amazes me. The Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout is everything that you look for in a stout, it is dark and caramelly, without any burnt malt flavors. There is a milky, creamy texture that coats your mouth, and it is just sweet enough. This is a stout that I will recommend to everyone, not just people who love stouts.  The best part (to me anyways) is that it was light and didn’t fill you up, and on a hot summer evening, that is what you want.
How could you NOT love Sean Connery!?


I also had Tyranena Brewing Company’s Headless Man Amber alt. This was a beer that I had been looking forward to trying for some time. It was a clean and mellow beer, with a great color. I love the story on it. I do have to say that it was difficult to have this after the Old Rasputin stout, and that I should have known. I am hoping that I can get out to Tyranena Brewing Company soon, they are only about an hour and a half away from my house, and since I live in the middle of nowhere that is pretty close! If you can find this one, you should try it.

On another note, Blake’s birthday is coming up. He will be turning 30. I want to get him something that he will use, and something that he will enjoy. I have been looking all over for ideas. I would love to hear what suggestions you have (hint hint). I was thinking I could make him something like this:
Beer Can Birthday Cake

But I also was sent this awesome video for Beer Bottle Opener Sunglasses

I think that Blake would like these, and I would never have to ask him where the bottle opener was again… You can order them here
PS, My favorite part in the video is when David Hasselhoff is drinking his beer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Roll