Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Beer gift Ideas... with chocolate


I hope that everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I know that I did, and I was able to enjoy a nice long 4 day weekend. December and January are always busy months for me. My anniversary is at the beginning of December (and it marks the beginning of our foray into craft beer). Usually I have finals the second week in December, this year I will be graduating once I am done with finals (YAY!!). Of course then there is all of the holiday prep, and family visits, and shopping… followed by New Years. Then there is my birthday. Lie I said, very busy time for me… but it also means time for gifts.

Last year I made a few gift wish lists for myself, hoping to make Blake’s job a little easier… this year has been a tough one for us financially, so we have agreed to not to spend money on gifts for each other for our anniversary, or Christmas (and I imagine that includes my birthday). 

I thought that I could do a service to the rest of the shoppers out there… if you are shopping for a beer lover this holiday season (or you love me so much and want to send me a gift), here are a couple of ideas:


Rich 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Bar (3oz)
Intense Orange Dark Chocolate Bar (3oz)
Delicious Coffee Dark Chocolate Bar (2oz)
Coconut Curry Milk Chocolate Bar (2oz)
Kona Pipeline Porter (Kona Brewing) - Pair with the 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate
Blue Star Wheat (North Coast Brewing) – Pair with the Orange Dark Chocolate
Velvet Merlin Oatmeal Stout (Firestone Walker Brewing) – Pair with the Coffee Dark Chocolate
Full Sail Pale Ale (Full Sail Brewing) – pair with the Coconut Curry Milk Chocolate 

Ghirardelli Chocolate and Beer Gift  (this would be my first pick…. If you were wondering)


This chocolate and beer gift basket includes:

A 6 pack or 12 pack of fresh and tasty Beer.
An 8oz. bag of Ghirardelli’s Classic Selection assorted squares.
A 3oz. bar of Ghirardelli’s rich Dark Chocolate.
A 3oz. bar of Ghirardelli’s creamy Milk Chocolate.
And finally, Ghirardelli's "Masterpiece Collection" - a scrumptious collection of their finest chocolates, chews and truffles

Voges Chocolate Bacon Bars and a bottle of Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout, this one looks pretty good, but pricier for less beer. Though I would like to try Rogue’s Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout.

If you are unsure about how chocolate and beer go together, I can assure you, they go well. I am not the only one who thinks so either.  Bryce Edding from About.com says:
Beer truly loves chocolate. Historic cousins and perfect partners, beer and chocolate are great companions. If you have never experienced this decadent fellowship, you are missing something special. Whether you try pairing a chocolate bar with a sweet ale or set off in search of a beer brewed with chocolate you will not be disappointed

What was that about beer brewed with chocolate? I happen to be a fan of those too… Here are two for you to check out:

  

And of course one of my favorites, Theobroma

Beer always makes a good gift, and so does chocolate. It should be a no brainer.

He was a wise man who invented beer.
Plato

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Roll