Thursday, December 6, 2012

Buy That Woman a Beer: Lager Lovers Turned Lady Bloggers-An Article I recommend you read

About a month ago I received an email form a gentleman asking me what I knew about the Chicago beer scene, and the bloggers who wrote about it. He was hoping to find something like A Girl's Pint Out happening around here. I told him that I wasn't really sure that there was anything happening like that, at this point in time, but I wish there was.

I referred the gentleman to one of my favorite Beer and Women advocates, Ginger Johnson, from Women Enojying Beer. Ginger is one of the most knowledgeable women I know both about the beer scene EVERYWHERE, and the role women are playing in the beer scene. I knew that he was in good hands.

About a week later, he asked me to  talk to him about my experience with blogging about beer as a woman. I agreed, and after what I felt like were some tough questions about my goals (do people really make those when they write about beer?) and my experiences, the interview was over. Short and sweet. I even provided a picture! Not a great one, but the only one I could find with me holding a beer, that had at least part of my face :)


So do me a favor, read the article. It is all about beer blogging as a woman in Chicago... and I had no idea I wasn't alone. I learned that Girls Like Beer Too is a Chicago beer blogger... maybe we should hang out sometime (though I would most likely be awe struck by her presence).

Here it is: Buy That Woman A Beer

I feel almost famous!!

PS
Thank you to Nolan for not putting anything about my rambling about beer fueling the American Revolution... people would have thought I was crazy for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Roll