Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mother's Day Ideas

I know that I haven't had an actual post reviewing beer in a while, I didn't realize that it had been almost a month though! So, this is overdue I think.

This past weekend, after a long day in Madison, we had two very interesting, and incredibly delicious beers. The first beer we had was The Reverend, by Avery Brewing Company (sorry that is a link to Beer Advocate, the Avery website wasn't working). I thought that this was pleasantly malty, with a nice copper color. It had a rich yeast flavor and was well balanced. I see in the Beer Advocate reviews several 2's and 3's in the scores. I have to say I disagree, I would say that this is a (slightly) above average Quadrupel beer... but that is probably why I don't read the Beer Advocate reviews until after I have written my review...

The second beer was from Finch's Beer Company in Chicago. We had the Cut Throat Pale Ale, which I thought was also above average. It was nice and crisp, with a wonderful hoppy flavor that was evened out by the citrus that was thrown in. This was very good, and I would be glad to have it again.

With Mother's Day just around the corner (May 13th if you didn't know), I thought it was a good time to start my list of things that I would like for Mother's Day (because I know you have been waiting for the list). 

The first thing on my list is beer (surprised I am sure...) I was looking for good gift baskets that could be shipped to my house, and I came across this Beer On the Wall website, and I am sure that you have seen it before but since my exposure to the outside world is only through Yo Gabba Gabba cameos, I had no idea. They have some cool beer gift sets, any one that would be great for the Yo Gabba Gabba shut-in in your life.

I then found this BEAUTIFUL chandelier that would look perfect in my house from Design Buzz
If you are looking to buy me some jewelry, you can check out Jewelry Inspired by Blue Moon by Drinks to Design


Of course, what mother/beer lover wouldn't love a new beer mug? Check out this awesome Celtic inspired mug that I found on Etsy

So there are a few things to help inspire you to shop for me... I mean your mother. If you find anything that you think my wonderful husband needs to go out and buy me to show me how much he appreciates the fact that I carried his daughter for 9 looong months, and have not eaten her, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Roll